Tuesday, May 14, 2013

'How I met Your Mother' Season 8 Finale: The Mother is Revealed... through Facebook.

Read the title first, then read the rest of this.

Why was the finale disappointing?
I have many reason. First, it was too short to be considered a finale - it lacked traumatic experiences, drama, and the funny lines weren't even that hilarious. Second - and this take a huge bite out of episode for me - was that I ALREADY KNEW WHO THE MOTHER WAS prior to watching it.

How, you ask?
Because of Facebook.
Yes, that's right - Facebook told me.

Because heaven forbid I like a show so much that I actually 'liked' the page for it on Facebook, not knowing that hours later the official facebook page thought it would be perfectly alright to post a picture of the mother and caption it with: "A secret 8 years in the making! You just met... wait for it... the mother! Like this post if you were surprised!"

Well, no shit I was surprised.

I didn't even need to watch the show to figure it out, apparently.
Now, I normally watch the show a day later because I don't have access to the TV and I'd rather download the episode online later. But I do check my facebook regularly, which apparently was a bad move on my part. 
  Regardless, Cristin Milioti will be playing the role of 'the mother' in season 9 of this very long series. I'd have to say that after 8 seasons, HIMYM has really needed a break. The last good episode I watched was Episode 13 of Season 8, because I really connected with that rooftop scene with Ted and Lily and it made me cry.
 


 So, thank you HIMYM Facebook page.
Why don't you just summarize the entire episodes of season 9 for me as well?
Needless to say, I'm pretty peeved at this situation.

At least have the decency to think about your other viewers. You know... the ones that have to go to work and wait a week to watch you show.
Either than, or learn to put in SPOILER ALERTS before posting your damned spoilers.



No comments:

Post a Comment